Tweeddale herd wins Most Improved Herd Award for the Charolais breed
The Tweeddale herd, owned by Brian Redhead and Jonathan Watson, of Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland, has been recognised by EBLEX as the Most Improved Herd of Charolais cattle in England for 2014. more…
Northern Ireland Summer Spectacular
Securing the Reserve Supreme spot at the NI Commercial Cattle Exhibitors Summer Spectacular Show was the greatly admired Charolais heifer “Faye” brought out by Martin Gallagher, Mountfield. This Fury Action daughter weighed in at 572 kilos, and was on her first outing. She will now head to the National Charolais Show at Fintona. In addition to winning the Charolais Championship Faye also secured the Exhibitor bred award.
More News Stories
Forthcoming Sales and Events
- Shraden Dispersale Sale Announcement 9th October The Shraden Charolais herd will be dispersed within Welshpool Market on behalf of the executors of the late Roger Everall.
There will be approximately 70 lots.
Further details and sale arrangements will be announced in due course
- Stirling 21/22 October Auctioneers United Auctioneers Tel: 01786 473055
- Welshpool 6th November Auctioneers Welshpool Livestock Sales Tel: 01938 553438
- Dungannon 7th November Auctioneers Dungannon Farmers Mart Tel: 028 8772 2727
- Carlisle 21st November Auctioneers Harrison & Hetherington Tel: 01228 406230
British Cattle Breeders Club Poster Competition
Everyone under the age of 26 is eligible to take part and their are cash prizes and trips to the BCBC Conference. Please visit http://cattlebreeders.org.uk/ for more information.
Charolais Youth National Stock Judging Final
A record 53 finalists from nine UK regions battled it out at the British Charolais Young Breeders’ Stock Judging Competition sponsored by Weatherbys, hosted as part of the National Charolais Show at Livestock Event, the NEC, Birmingham, on Thursday 3 July. more … Charolais Youth Facebook Page