NI National Charolais Show attracts champions
The National Charolais Show attracted 100 entries to its Fintona venue on Saturday 13 September where after a four hour judging stint, Scottish livestock enthusiast, Michael Durno, Glenlivet found his respective male and female champions in Coolnaslee Ivanhoe and Bessiebell Incredible.
Ivanhoe, an 18 month old by the 12,000gns Maerdy Fiend was bred and exhibited by Gilbert Crawford, Maghera, County Down. He was no stranger to the ring having been placed first in his class and a member of the winning group of three at the Balmoral.
Bessiebell Incredible added another championship to her success this season by being awarded the female title. Bred and exhibited by Jack Smyth, Newtown Stewart, County Tyrone, this 16 month old was by the 25,000gns Goldies Unbeatable and out of an Aghyoule bred dam.
A line up of eight entries in the pairs section was led by a couple of upcoming heifers from Harold Stubbs and his grandson, Alan Burleigh, Liznaskea, Fermanagh. Derryharney Jazzypants was a seven month old Blelack Digger daughter whilst team mate, Derryharney Jaffa was a five month old by Derryharney Outstanding. more …
More News Stories
Forthcoming Sales and Events
- Shraden Dispersal Sale Announcement 9th October The Shraden Charolais herd will be dispersed within Welshpool Market on behalf of the executors of the late Roger Everall.
- Stirling 21/22 October Auctioneers United Auctioneers Tel: 01786 473055 catalogue
- Welshpool 6th November Auctioneers Welshpool Livestock Sales Tel: 01938 553438
- Dungannon 7th November Auctioneers Dungannon Farmers Mart Tel: 028 8772 2727
- Carlisle 21st November Auctioneers Harrison & Hetherington Tel: 01228 406230
British Cattle Breeders Club Poster Competition
Everyone under the age of 26 is eligible to take part and their are cash prizes and trips to the BCBC Conference. Please visit http://cattlebreeders.org.uk/ for more information.
Charolais Youth National Stock Judging Final
A record 53 finalists from nine UK regions battled it out at the British Charolais Young Breeders’ Stock Judging Competition sponsored by Weatherbys, hosted as part of the National Charolais Show at Livestock Event, the NEC, Birmingham, on Thursday 3 July. more … Charolais Youth Facebook Page