Stirling Charolais meet solid commercial demand
26,000gns top; £6,538 average; 12 lots at 10,000gns and over; 78% clearance
Charolais bulls met a solid demand driven throughout by the commercial sector in Stirling on Tuesday 18 February at the breed’s official spring sale. Bidding peaked at 26,000gns, 12 lots traded at five figure sums and 140 lots sold to average £6,538, a figure representing 73% clearance leaving Charolais to once again take the lead at the spring multi-beef breed sales and grossing just short of £1 million in total. A further nine lots were later sold via the auctioneers outside the ring bringing the total clearance to 78%.
BREAKDOWN OF BULLS SOLD AT STIRLING Feb 2014
|Top 25%||Mid Range||Bottom 25%|
|81 @ £7,188||20 Not sold||53 @ £5,698||17 Not sold||15 @ £4,662||8 Not Sold|
CALVING EASE DIRECT
|Top 25%||Mid range||Bottom 25%|
|31 @ £6,853||5 Not sold||83 @ £6,144||20 Not sold||35@ £5,640||20 Not sold|
More News Stories
Forthcoming Sales & Events
- Dungannon 7 March Export Sale 71 Males, 13 Females Auctioneers: 028 8772 2727 The catalogue
- Holsworthy 23 April Auctioneers: 01840 261261
- Ballymena 25 April Auctioneerl: 028 2563 3470
- Welshpool 2 May Auctioneers: 01938 553438
- Stirling 5 May Auctioneers: 01786 473055
- Carlisle 9/10 May including Production sale from the Blelack Herd Auctioneers tel: 01228 406230
- Dungannon 26 May Auctioneers: 028 8772 2727
Charolais Youth Qualifiers
The National Stock judging Competition will be held at the National Charolais Show, the Livestock Event, NEC on Thursday 3rd July.
The first confirmed regional Stock judging qualifier and workshop day will be held by the South East region at Grove Farm, Chesham, Buckinghamshire by kind invitation of the Harman family on Saturday 17th May. More details to follow nearer the time. Keep posted for information on other regional events as we have them.