1. The donor female must be registered with the Society and be DNA-Genotyped * (or, if necessary, blood-typed).
2. The sire must be registered with the Society and preferably be DNA-Genotyped *(or blood-typed) * N.B. any live donor females or service sires which have been previously blood-typed will be DNA- Genotyped FREE OF CHARGE. Please contact the Society Office for further information.
3. All calves must be registered within 45 days of birth. For those breeders tattooing their calves, the three letters – FOT- should be included after the sequential tattoo numbers. The registration fee per calf will be £100 plus V.A.T.
4. A minimum of one calf per flush will be parentage verified. This calf will be nominated by the Society Office after the birth registration papers have been correctly completed and accepted.
In the case of imported or transferred embryos, all the resultant calves shall be parentage verified.
5. The Society reserves the right to make on farm inspections.
6. Members have the facility to withdraw any birth registered fertilised ovum transplant animal before 12 months of age (only if still in the ownership of the breeder registering the calf) for a full refund of the stated fee. Fee credits will only be made when the Pedigree Certificate is returned to the Society Office. D.I.Y. Embryo Transplant. For any calves born as a result of ‘do-it-yourself’ embryo transplant, the flushing details should be forwarded to the Society office within 30 days of flushing or implanting a cow and when the relevant calves are born they are to be registered within seven days of birth. Inspections of the relevant calves may or may not be carried out. If, however, registrations are received after the seven day period, then an inspection will be carried out at the breeders expense. General.
a. Embryos may be transferred to members along with the necessary documentation which is available on request from the Society office.
b. Fertilised embryos can be exported providing the statutory requirements of the exporting and importing country and Herd Book are met.
c. Export Certificates are available at a price of £10 per embryo.
d. Only live animals can be ovum transplanted and registrations will not be permitted as a result of fertilised embryos being recovered from donor animals after death.