For help and information entering cattle into Society Sales
- Sale Pre-checks
- Breeding warranties
- BVD Vaccinations
- DNA Instructions
- HHD Health declaration form
- Health Declaration information sheet
There is the following restrictions:
- A minimum upset price of 2,000gns per bull
- A minimum selling age of 13 calendar months on the day of sale for bulls at Society Collective Sales, (Stirling February & October sales 14 months)
- A minimum weight-for-age guide sale be utilised by Society Inspectors (see Sale pre-checks).
- Where semen is taken from a bull prior to it being sold, this fact must be declared at the time of sale and entered into the sale catalogue, together with details of the number of straws taken and its intended use. A card containing these same details must be prominently displayed in the bull pen at the sale venue.
- Where embryos have been taken from a female prior to it being sold, this fact must be declared at time of sale and entered into the sale catalogue, together with details of the number of embryos, service sire used and whether the embryos have been frozen or transplanted. Again, a card containing these details must be prominently displayed in the cattle pen at the sale venue.
- All Charolais cattle sold through BCCS Auspices sales are to be BVD double vaccinated (see BVD Vaccinations).
- All Charolais bulls sold through BCCS Auspices sales will be DNA sire verified (see DNA Instructions).
BVD notice for Stirling and Aberdeen sales
Early in 2012 the Scottish Government consulted on proposals to introduce control measures, including movement restrictions. These control measures will come in to force in January 2014, they will include:
A ban on knowingly selling/moving cattle infected with BVDV;
Requiring the herd’s BVD status to be declared before sale; and,
Restrictions on untested herds/animals
Health Schemes Stirling
As from 1 January 2017 all Charolais vendors must be members of the CHeCS approved Health Scheme to enter the Stirling Sales.
Please note the Stirling February and October sales are exclusive to ABRI Breedplan recorded Charolais bulls which must (as a minimum requirement) be recorded for birth weight, 200 day wt, 400 day wt and be independently ultra sound scanned and have had a scrotal circumference measurement.