Sponsored by Breedr & in Partnership with AHDB #shoutaboutthesire
Entries for all classes are now open and close at midnight on Friday 11/09/2020
- Best individual female calf born between 01/01/2020 – 31/03/2020 – Master Judge: Matthew Milne
- Best individual female calf born between 01/04/2020 – 30/06/2020 – Master Judge: David Connolly
- Best individual male calf born between 01/01/2020 – 31/03/2020 – Master Judge: Will Owen
- Best individual male calf born between 01/04/2020 – 30/06/2020 – Master Judge: David Thornley
- Best group of 5-9 calves born between 01/01/2020 – 30/06/2020 – Master Judge: Jeremy Price
- Best group of 10 or more calves born between 01/01/2020 – 30/06/2020 – Master Judge: TBC
- Individual Champion – Master Judge: Mike Atkinson
All entries must be currently owned by the exhibiting member, sired by registered or previously registered pedigree Charolais bulls. And the sire must be registered on the passport of the entry for mainland animals or with AFBI for Northern Ireland entries
Exhibitors to send their name and contact details along with the following to email@example.com:
- For animals entered into the individual classes: the ear tag number, tag number of the sire and four pictures (front, back side and a head shot clearly showing the ear tag)
- For groups: one picture or a twenty second video clip of the group and the tag number of the sire/sires
Photos must be taken by the exhibitor and must not include people so that the competition can be held anonymously
The Charolais Youth stock judging element of the competition will be open to competitors aged between 8-26 years. All competitors must provide their name, DOB and email address. The individual championship will be judged. The standard stock judging rules apply the class will consist of four animals (ABXY) which will be placed in order of preference by the competitors. Prizes will be awarded for the winner of each of the junior (8-14), intermediate (15-18) & senior (19-26) sections. In the event of a tie, the winner will the competitor who most closely estimates the weight of the bull.
On Monday 28 September, the pictures of the top four animals and the guess the weight bull, will be posted on our website and Facebook page and judging will open for the young judges. Stock judging competitors will have until midnight on Thursday 1 October to place their animals via the competition entry form.
The winners will be announced though-out the day on Friday 2 October with reasons from the master judge.
Any pictures submitted to the competition may be used by the Society for future promotion
- Charolais jacket for each winner of classes 1 – 4
- Charolais jacket for each stock judging section winner
- A £500 Charolais bull voucher to each of the winners of classes 5, 6 & 7
Breedr runs the Precision Livestock network which is a free precision beef app that helps you produce ultra-efficient animals with real-time performance data & compliance on the go. Sell cattle with confidence in Breedr with the growth predictor that keeps cattle on track for top returns and connects you to buyer who pay best prices for cattle with data pedigrees. Find out more @ www.breedr.co
With only 23 per cent of sires currently registered on passports, AHDB Beef & Lamb is urging farmers to start recording to improve profitability and boost competitiveness. Find out about the benefits of recording the sire of your animals when registering your cattle @ https://ahdb.org.uk/shout-about-the-sire